Let’s be honest. Sometimes you just don’t have the time to bake a whole batch of cake for one serving. That’s why mug cakes exist! I’m going to show you 5 Mug Cakes recipes, easy and done in MINUTES. Hope you’ll enjoy! ❤
1. Gluten Free Chocolate Mug Cake
By: Build Your Bite
- ⅛ cup peanut butter,
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon special dark cocoa powder
- 1.5 tablespoons gluten free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tablespoons chocolate chips
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Melt peanut butter in a mug for 30-35 seconds, or until a more melted consistency.
- Combine remaining ingredients in same mug and stir very well (make sure egg is totally combined)
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
This one tastes AMAZING and it is perfect for any diet!
2. S’mores Mug Cake
By: How Sweet It Is
- 2-3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (mine was dark cocoa)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 ounces milk chocolate (chopped or morsels)
- marshmallow fluff, cream or actual marshmallows
- Combine 3 tablespoons butter and 1 ounce of chocolate in a small bowl, then melt in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Set aside. In another bowl, combine remaining melted butter with 2-3 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs and stir until moistened. Press graham crumbs into the bottom of your mug.
- In a bowl. whisk egg, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add in flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa, stir until a thick batter forms. Stream in melted butter and chocolate, mixing to combine. Fold in remaining chocolate chips. Add half of the mixture on top of the graham crust, then throw on a scoop of marshmallow fluff/cream or a few marshmallows. Add remaining batter on top, then pop in the microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds to almost 2 minutes. Remove and top with additional marshmallow if desired. You can pop it back in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to make them melty, or pop them directly under the broiler for about 10 seconds to toast if desired. You can also use a kitchen torch if you have one. Sprinkle with graham crumbs!
There are no words to describe this.
3. Salted Caramel Apple Spice Mug Cake
By: Table for Two
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- Caramel Drizzle of your choice
In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients then add the wet ingredients. Whisk everything together until combined and no lumps remain.
Pour batter into a microwave-safe mug. Mine was a 14-ounce mug. You want enough head space for the cake to rise without pouring over.
Place a paper towel into the microwave and set the mug on top (this is to catch any batter if your mug cake overflows).
Microwave mug cake for 1 minute and 50 seconds on high (PLEASE READ NOTES CAREFULLY BELOW)
Carefully remove from microwave, drizzle your caramel sauce on top and enjoy!
Let me just tell you, this is PERFECT for fall. I LOVE IT.
By: Domestic Fits
- 3/4 cup Strawberries
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tbs white sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 tbs milk
- Chop berries and add to a mug. Add powdered sugar, stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, white sugar, baking powder and mix to combine. Add the butter and rub in with your fingers until combined. Add the milk and stir (I used my hands for this too, less dishes to wash).
- Add the dough to the top of the berries (sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired).
- Microwave on high for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Allow to cool because this mother will be screaming hot.
*The ratios used are for a large mason jar mug. This recipe will also make 2 servings in smaller mugs. Make sure to only fill the mug no more than 2/3 full or it will bubble over during “cooking”.
This is amazing during the summer. Just sayin’.
5. White Chocolate and Matcha Tea Mug Cake
By: Sandra Mahut
- 1 slice of butter 1 cm thick (30g)
- 6 squares of white chocolate (30g)
- 1 egg• 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 5 tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp matcha green tea
- 5 fresh raspberries
- In a mug: melt the butter with the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds (800 watts).
- Beat the mixture until smooth, then allow it to cool slightly. One by one, whisk in the egg, sugar, flour, baking powder and green tea.
- Push four raspberries into the middle of the mixture. Cook in the microwave for one minute 40 seconds (800 watts).
- Decorate with one raspberry. Allow to cool for one minute before eating.
And that’s it! Hope I’ve helped you with these recipes and, hopefully, you won’t be hungry anymore ;). Love ya! Cheers, bye ❤