So, I went to a restaurant about a week ago, and I tried something called a “Lava Cake” with ice cream. I fricking loved it! So, I looked for the recipe and, surprinsingly, it’s really easy to achieve. So here you have, a Lava Cake recipe.
- 160g of dark chocolate;
- 75g of butter;
- 2 whole eggs;
- 30g of flour;
- 2 egg yolks;
- 70g of powdered sugar;
- vanilla extract to taste;
- a pinch of salt;
- First of all, melt the dark chocolate (you can use any chocolate you’d like, I chose dark) and the butter together in a double boiler, or just a microwave (make sure you don’t burn it if you go that route).
- Now that you have your melted chocolate, add the powdered sugar and whisk until well combined.
- Then add the whole eggs and egg yolks and whisk again.
- Now, add your vanilla extract ( I used about 3 teaspoons),pinch of salt and flour, and *surprise-surprise* whisk until everything is well combined.
You can use anything as a mould, I used a cupcake tin baking tray thingy (…)
You want to fill them about three quarters each.
This recipe is for 4 full-sized lava cakes, but if you use a muffin tin, like me, you’ll get about 9, which is pretty good.
- 200*C for 10 minutes
Immediately with a scoop of ice cream or some fruit. I like the ice cream better, because since the gooey liquid inside (the chocolate) is hot, and the ice cream is cold, and it just creates the best temperature 😉
There you go! Hope you’ve enjoyed this blog post and maybe try them yourself, they were extremely easy: so easy, that I COULD MAKE THEM. Love ya! Cheers, bye ❤