The absolute hell-like heat that’s been around for quite a while now in our little town is really getting on my nerves. So I felt like lemonade! That’s a god idea! Now, you get a really straight-forward recipe in Beyonce’s music video for “All Night” lmao, but I was like “How can I take this classic to the next level?” (not the song, the drink. there’s no way on earth to take a beyonce song to the next level, her voice is gOLD.) And this came to my mind: “What is the fruit that screams summer, the fruit that everyone loves, the fruit that is an icon?” and then thought (i’ve been drinking) “WATERMELON” (wow another beyonce reference love me please). After this idea came to my mind, I thought I was being a frigging GENIUS. I thought this was a whole new concept that was going to go vIRAL. But I googled it, to see if it truly is an original idea, but no. Tens of thousands of pages popped up and my pride slooooowly drowned away,just like beyonce at the end of the “Formation” music video, on top of that police car. ( i NEED to stop ), which FINALLY brings us to today’s post. You know what they say,..when life gives you lemons, keep them! Cause hey, free lemons!
- about 2 cups worth of watermelon (i made a small batch, about 2 Mason Jars)
- 1/2 cup of water
- the juice of half a lemon and a lime, if you like (you really don’t need more, because it would turn out REALLY sour, since I didn’t add any sweeteners)
- several mint leaves
- Add your watermelon and water to a blender, and blend till you get a juice.
- Next, add the lemon juice and mint leaves.
- If you want it a bit sweeter, you can dissolve some honey into your lemon juice and then add it on top of the watermelon juice, but I really don’t think that’s necessary, since the fruit itself is so sweet 😀
It is super refreshing and delicious, really deserves a sip! Gotta sip that lemonade after all =))
Love ya. Cheers, bye x